Professor Dionissios Hristopulos (Technical University of Crete)
“Spartan spatial random fields and stochastic local interaction (SLI) models”
1. Introduction to Spartan spatial random fields (SSRFs): motivation and properties
2. New SSRF covariance functions: properties and examples of applications to real data.
3. Discretized SSRF models for data on regular grids and connection with Gauss-Markov random fields.
4. Parameter estimation and interpolation, uncertainty estimation.
5. Geometric anisotropy: an introduction and anisotropic SSRF models on regular grids.
6. Introduction to the Stochastic Local Interaction (SLI) model for irregularly spaced data: kernel functions, adaptive selection of the kernel bandwidth, sparse precision matrices and applications to big spatial data.
7. Applications to synthetic and real data, extensions to space-time models, topics for further research.